A short session summary of the Ascendency of the Warp Saga, for the Ars Magica game.
Session eight picked up where the characters left off – within the diabolist’s cave, just after having defeated the burning man. The team of Maximilian, Carrick, Luciano, and Callan continued to search the through the remaining caves.
The remainder of the caves appeared to be empty of both opponents and valuables, and the only strange event was the effect of the strange smoky water on Luciano when he attempted to walk through it’s corrosive layers.
Back at the covenant the remaining characters joined the large feast with the Bell clan’s soldiers. Many strength and stamina competitions were conducted, and the celebrations did not conclude until well into the morning of the next day. During the festivities Carrick had a suspicion that one of the Bell’s present might have been more notable than initially stated.
No sign has been heard of the footmen who left the Diabolists cave before the characters arrived. Perhaps the worst were killed in the caves.
Letter to Covenant of Six Pillars and Horsingas by Maximilian, and the recall of the grogs.
Delays due to recent and very substantial attacks on the order across Europe (and from what we are hearing other areas as well). It is currently unknown when we will be able to attend as we deal with the ramification effects of these attacks. We wish to apologise for this unexpected and unavoidable delay and trust you understand that our delay in no way reflects on our good intentions to establish positive and mutually beneficial relationships with you. We hope that you have been informed of these events and that you were not too badly affected; either directly or indirectly. We hope that we will be able to meet with you when these matters are resolved.We welcome any additional news you may have on these events and will send news of any updates should we receive them. When we are able we will send word, and if convenient for you will be pleased to meet.MaxPer. Covenant of StormWatch.
The Covenfolk and Characters might have noted:
- There has been a change in mood in the covenant. The covenfolk are slightly less hostile and/or wary.
- The still is finished.
- Money and living conditions are still an issue for many, and the establishment of a few industries is still a key concern.
- Sym was successful in winning the stamina competition, and placed in many of the other challenges.
Out of character notes:
- Season Activity:
- Please update characters for the end of the season, and start the haggle for the next season’s resources.
- XP rewards for some characters:
- Only add xp where your character was played or involved. e.g. If your character was not in play, or did not participate in the diabolist’s cave story do not add the XP.
- 5 xp for participants in diabolist’s cave story.
- 5 xp to generally cover the spread of sessions so far, for all characters in play.
- 2 xp for Summer, Autumn, and Winter seasons for any characters in play for those seasons.
- Wound Recovery Rules:
- I am going to change the wound recovery time frames so that recovery is much faster. It is a disadvantage to the ongoing play to have characters out of action for so long.
- We will move all recovery periods up to the next time period, with a minimum of days. ie: Season become Month, Month becomes Week, Week becomes Day.
- However the characters must roll for every wound, not just one of the worst at their current level. This means that a character with 3 Light wounds must roll three times and track recovery for each wound. Confirm the season activities, and start the haggle of who gets what in the next seasons.