What is the Vanilla Covenants Project? The project was established to provide detailed sample covenants for players and story guides for Ars Magica, which is an area which is lacking in the core material.
Premise: Ars needs a covenants book,
Consequence: lets write one.
I think the primary reason that the material has not been developed is because many of the Ars Magica players are already deeply invested in the setting and the frequency of new players is too low to justify a commercial book when weighed against the opportunity to develop material that the existing players will desire and consume.
As such, I generally agree. It is a lofty goal to assist new players into the game and something which I think has merit. This is a collection of information which was written as a contribution to that project.
My work in progress will eventually include:
- A magus for Tim Ferguson Sabrina’s Rest, named Fidelus.
- A collection of edits for the book itself:
- My own covenant example, if time permits.
- The main status post on the official forums, with links to the current materials being collected from a wide variety of authors.
- Previous thread of progress.