Inspired from a strange Atlas Games Ars Magica forum post, here is a Wand of Steam cleaning. Breakdown was:
- CrAu base of 5 for slightly unnatural effect.
- Rego sub-effect for the removal.
- +1 Touch, Mom, Ind,
- maybe +1 mag for the cleaning of an entire unspecified thing
- Also requires a finesse check to use, botches might wreck the material.
- It might also scold but do no real damage (perhaps +0 damage roll).
Wand of Steam Cleaning – (CrAu/Re25) a hardwood wand twisted by the warping effects of water and time, which is enchanted to activate when run across a targeted person or item of clothing.
Steamed to Perfection
Creo Auram / Rego 15, R: Touch, D: Momentary, T: Individual
The targeted item is steamed in a particular manner which removes all the dirt and much from the item. metals are cleaned and materials freshened. A Finesse check of 6+ is required to ensure the steaming is effective, and botched may indicate the damage. If used against a living target the steam inflicts +0 damage.
(Base 5, +1 Touch, +1 for complex motion)
(As an enchanted wand: +10 unlimited uses)
Find the other enchanted devices for Ars.