Two small charms, invested as lesser enchanted devices for a play-by-post Ars magica forum game. Both small items will be created using a bulb of iron with a small amount of mercury locked away inside it. Marking on each item will help the holder know which bulb has which power.
Each item is an iron bulb sized as a flat skipping pebble, with a small hole in one end. The hole is intended to allow the bulb to be worn as an ornament on a string of leather, or tied to a belt. Sealed inside each bulb is a heart of mercury. The inventing magus intended the commander to wear the bulbs on a belt so they are readily accessible, but unobtrusive.
The power of each bulb is activated simply by touching the target with one hand and rubbing a finger or thumb across the bulb with the other hand, and each device is crafted with multiple uses per day so that the user can cast the spells on all members of the watch or a unit of soldiers.
Gaze of the Perceptive Watchman – the effect grants the target sharp night-vision of a cat, able to see in all but total darkness.
- Gaze of the Perceptive Watchman – As per Eyes of the Cat (Ars p.131) (MuCo/An 10), (Base 2, +1 Touch, +2 Sun), with +5 for 24 uses per day.
Strength of the Resilient Gambeson – the effect grants the target a +3 soak bonus.
- Strength of the Resilient Gambeson – As per Doublet of Impenetrable Silk (Ars p.118) (MuAn 20), (Base 4, +1 Touch, +2 Sun), with +5 for 24 uses per day.
Then some guff-guff stats for the Magus’ stats for crafting…
- Stats = Int 3 + MT 9 + Aura 6 + Mu 21 + An/Co +11, InventiveG +3, Lab-Muto +1, Lab-Items +1, General Quality +1, Similar spells +1 = LT of 57.
- However to invest both items in a season the Magus needs a Lab Total 60 … (10+20)*2 = 60.
- The crafting magus also knows the Eyes of the Cat spell, so grants a +1 LT for one spell, and also knows the Doublet of Impenetrable Silk spell for a +3 LT. Takig the minimum bonus of both is another +1.
- Crafted with a iron bulb inset with mercury +5 bonus, which applies to both items.